This is part of the Android Clat project.
- This requires a phone that supports IPv6 over the cellphone network. The current (2012) list of phones that support this are: Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, and all Verizon LTE phones
- This also requires a cellphone network that supports IPv6. Current (2012) list of networks: T-Mobile, Verizon
- You will need to root your phone if you haven't already. Instructions on how to do that are found elsewhere on the internet.
- Install this APK: FourSixFourXlat.apk
- The first time you run it, grant it root permissions
- When you're on an IPv6-only mobile connection, 464xlat/clat will start
- When you turn on your phone's built-in tethering (Under Settings > Wireless & Networks - More > Tethering & portable hotspot), your /64 will be configured on the tethered interface
How do I switch the cell internet connection to IPv6 (for t-mobile)?
Go to Settings > (Wireless & Networks) More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > and add: name="T-Mobile US IPv6", apn="epc.tmobile.com", type="default", protocol="IPv6"
How can I test that 464xlat is operating properly?
While on the IPv6 APN, visit this helpful ipv6 test page
Where can I see the source code?
The source code is on github
I have a question that isn't covered by the FAQ
Email me at dan-android AT drown.org or DM @dpdrown on twitter.